Ashley is three weeks away from being a middle schooler! That's crazy. Her entire 5th grade (which is 9 different classes, about 180 kids) had their end of the year choir/band concert this week. Jason was unable to go, so I had four girls with me and there was standing room only in the auditorium. I was standing next to the wall holding a baby and a camera, and did any young, healthy man offer me his seat? Nope. Chivalry is dead. So forgive the background noise (mostly Sara whining--a 3 year old should not have to stand in the aisle for two hours). Here is Ashley's duet.
And this is poor, tired Sara. Luckily she found a nice big spot of aisle to lay down in. No one offers a seat after seeing this? People have no hearts. I'll spare you all the video of the band. It is, after all, a 5th grade band, and I couldn't even see Ashley in the flute section, anyway. She did great, though!
5 comments:
She did so well. Way to go Ashley!! Chivelry isn't dead. Everytime I go anywhere, People open doors and offer me a seat. Even at Dayna's concert several people offered their seat. You just need to move west. Sara takes up the whole aisle. Cute.
That is great! I can't see it very well, but I'm guessing she's the less tall one? But it sounds great! And Mom is right, they probably wouldn't even know what you were talking about if you said "chivalry" back east. They're just mean. Move this direction and you all would have had a seat!
Such cute girls! Emily is adorable.
I've been thinking about you lately.....
She sounds beautiful! What talent! Don't listen to those west-coasters. There's plenty of good ol' southern hospitality in North Carolina :)
Such a fun family! Your girls are so cute!! I can't believe your oldest is in 5th grade. Wow, time sure flies.
Post a Comment