This is only a very small amount of the tomatoes and jalapenos I have picked from my garden so far. I spent 6 hours in my garden yesterday finding all my tomatoes under a pile of weeds because we were out of town and they got out of control!
I enlisted Ashley in the preservation process. She was the official tomato squisher. I love my Kitchen Aid!!!
Put the sauce on to simmer.
While it was simmering, I mowed the lawn and found a beautiful praying mantis.
Then I finished all my tomato products--6 pints of stewed tomatoes and four pints of sauce. Not a bad day's work with a teething baby.
2 comments:
Geesh...not.bad.at.all! Your garden is producing amazingly! Gardening is something I *hope* to try once we move to a climate better suited for more than just citrus and cotton.
Great! I need to have a garden in the East. I have a total of two tiny tomatoes on my 4 plants. Of course, it could have something to do with not being watered while I was gone. I think Jason may have watered once. I do have a little watermelon though. Those are fun to grow.
Post a Comment