Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My New Lighting

The genius who owned this house before us installed new kitchen cabinets, not realizing that having them all the way up to the ceiling would interfere with the spotlights. You can see how this makes it difficult (if not impossible) to open the cabinet door.

So Jason and I decided that since we had already replaced one light fixture, why not seven more? How does it look now? We've only replaced one so far. I'll get to the others eventually.

Here's the first light fixture I have ever replaced. Too bad I didn't get a "before" shot. It was an ugly, broken flourescent fixture.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

that doesn't make much sense... The new ones look great though! I love that globe you picked. Really pretty

Christie K said...

love the new fixtures. Way to go!

Lori said...

Wow, nicely done. I love recessed lighting! Very impressive that you did it yourself!

Jessi said...

Isn't amazing what some people put in their houses without thinking? Great job on the replacement of the fixtures! Very impressive that you guys did it yourselves. :-)

Unknown said...

That looks so much better! Don't sto pnow - get all the rest done. If you put it off now it could take years!