Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Carpenters

Just to give everyone a little persperctive into what we have been fighting, this is a carpenter bee. He is dead, resting on a badminton raquet. That's how big they are. Nasty. A friend of Jason's told him that he grew up with carpenter bees and loved hitting them with badminton raquets, so Jason thought this was a great idea. It actually proves to be very effective in killing them. At least my badminton set is getting some good use now that I don't have my friends to play with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great with just a little sugar and some cream!!

Holly Emerson said...

That's disgusting. Have you tried calling your extension service to see if they have any suggestions?

Melanie said...

those poor bees just want a place to live! bug killers! j/k - i just don't want you practicing your badminton swing too much so you don't kill me next time we play!

Amy said...

hey guys! love the house, and glad to see you guys finally got a blog! it is such a great way to keep in touch with everyone! congrats on the graduation!!!

Lauren in GA said...

Hello There!!!!!!
I hope you don't mind me commenting...do you remember us from Blacksburg?

It was really great to see your adorable family on the blog :)

so....was the snake skin inside the wall? *shudder* ;)

Congrats on Graduation AND your new home! I truly enjoyed the Pennsylvania Polka playing as I read all of your posts!

Adam went to Blacksburg High School Playschool...I really loved that!

Your kiddos are just gorgeous!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Well, I am so glad to see you guys have a blog! Congratulations on your house. It is really cute! How do you like Penn? Your girls are as cute as ever!