Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Moment I've Been Waiting For!!

Finally, my pink and purple butterfly basement is gone and is now liveable! I once again removed popcorn texture from the ceiling, tore down the aweful butterfly wallpaper trim, and painted (a LOT!!). We then bought a new couch that I love and a fireplace to replace the gas heater on the wall that didn't work. The fireplace isn't hooked up yet, and we are planning on carpeting some day, but for now, I can live here!
This is a door to the outside. It was pink.

This was the purple all over the walls, complete with butterfly trim and butterfly curtains.

And believe it or not, this is the same room!!


My very first fireplace. I'll decorate once it gets hoooked up.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

WOW! I really mean wow. It looks AMAZING- you would never guess its the same room. Great job! (Pink and purple- really?)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Tere! WOW! Wow, why would anyone ever even consider the pink and butterfly thing, and especially WOW it looks great!!

De Oliveira's said...

Impressive!!

Holly Emerson said...

Soooooooooo much better

Sara said...

Wow! I'm very impressed, Heidi! Great job! It looks so lovely.

Laura Oler said...

That does look SOOO great! I'm amazed at how much paint changes things. Wish you were still here to help me decide how to paint my house (none of the rooms are pink and purple, but we do have a green room...). You have great taste!

Lori said...

Okay, laugh about the pink and purple, but there was a time Kristi and I had a pink and purple ladybug bedroom -- so, some little girl loved that basement. All grown up, I'd have to say I like the changes you made, Heidi. It's really a beautiful family space now!

Nickell said...

I love the wall color. It's so pretty.